|Feats of Clay|
|Season 1, episode 11|
|Phoebe and Clay reunited.|
January 20, 1999
|For a complete plot of Feats of Clay, go here.|
When Phoebe's ex-boyfriend comes to town he brings trouble in the form of a stolen Egyptian urn which carries a mortal curse. Meanwhile, Prue deals with her own problem of trying to save the auction house from bankruptcy, and Piper's use of her powers in a misguided attempt at matchmaking may backfire.
- Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- T.W. King as Andy Trudeau
- Victor Browne as Clay Muniz
- Stacy Haiduk as Guardian of the Urn
- Eddie Bowz as Palmer Kellogg
- Allen Cutler as Doug
- Niklaus Lange as Wesley
- Carolyne Lowery as Shelly
- Ming Lo as Coroner
- Cristine Rose as Claire Pryce
- Guardian of the Urn - a magical being that protects a priceless Egyptian urn, once owned by an ancient wizard. When the wizard died, a curse was placed on the urn. Witches and magic cannot lift it, and those who are cursed do not live to tell the tale. When the urn is stolen, the thief is visited by the beautiful yet merciless Guardian, and punished for their greed.
Book of ShadowsEdit
The Charm of Confidence is a charm that boosts one's confidence. Piper used it to boost the confidence of Doug, a waiter at Quake. She made it stronger than needed, however, which backfired and made Doug too confident. A poppet to be put in a cauldron and several candles to be lit are required for the spell to work.
- Telekinesis: Used by Prue to try and stop the The Guardian of the Urn and to switch two cards at an auction. Used by Prue to scare Palmer Kellogg.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to prevent an Employee at Quake from dropping wine glasses.
- Premonition: Phoebe had a premonition of Clay Muniz about to die.
- Smoke-Fading: A type of teleportation used by The Guardian of the Urn
- Remote Teleportation: Used by The Guardian of the Urn to teleport a scorpian so she could punish Palmer Kellogg
- Transformation: Used by the The Guardian of the Urn to turn inanimate objects into living.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Darryl does not appear in this episode.
- Piper is starting to get control over her power. She is now able to unfreeze people as well as freeze them, she tells this to Prue at the beginning and displays it with Clay at the end. She later has similar control problems with her Molecular Combustion power in Exit Strategy.
- In this episode it is mentioned that the Book of Shadows contained no information about the Guardian of the Urn. However, Piper mentions that there was information about the Seven Deadly Sins. These pages would later appear in an episode specific to this topic, Sin Francisco, however nothing on those pages mentions anything about selfless acts reversing the damage though the sisters and Leo do discover this.
- This episode scored 5.7 million viewers.
- Alyssa Milano's right shoulder tattoo is visible through her red shirt when she closes the front door after Clay leaves.
- When Clay and the others steal the urn they mention that the person they are stealing it from died mysteriously, but if the Guardian of the Urn teleports it back to the rightful owner after killing the thief they should be stealing it from the owner and not someone who died from the curse.
- When Clay jumps in front of the snake to save Phoebe and it disappears, Phoebe says, "A selfless act, just like the Book of Shadows said." This is not true, Prue said that a selfless act might balance the scale, not the Book of Shadows.
- Phoebe's boyfriend Clay's name begins with a "C" and in later we learn that her true love's name begins with a "C" which at the time she thinks is Cole, but later turns out to be Coop.
- Cristine Rose (Claire Pryce) and Holly worked together on Picket Fences - they played mother and daughter. Cristine has also worked with Shannen when they both guest stared in the same episode of Life Goes On together.
- Clay is the first character in Charmed to have his name used in an episode title.
References to other movies, books, mythology etc.Edit
- Phoebe makes a reference to The Wizard of Oz when talking about the cowardly lion.
- Clay's line "Maybe you can show me around. Help me see where I left my heart." is a reference to the famous 1962 Tony Bennett hit I Left My Heart in San Francisco.
- Phoebe makes a reference to the movie "Cocktail" when comparing Doug to Tom Cruise.
- Prue mentions The Rainbow Room, a famous restaurant in New York.
- The episode title is a reference to "Feet of clay", a phrase that refers to a person's weakness. Its origin is found in the bible: "...his legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay." (Daniel 2:31-32).
- (Piper and Prue are sitting at the bar in Quake)
- Prue: What else don't I know?
- Piper: Prue, don't take this personally but sometimes you can be a bit judgemental.
- Prue: That is so not true. (Piper gives her a look.) Alright, so maybe it's sometimes true. I just don't understand why Phoebe never even told me about this guy.
- Piper: People don't like to dwell on things that end badly.
- Prue: Yeah, well, I wish my relationships ended that badly. Did you hear them last night? There was music, there was wine, there was...
- Piper: Talking. And how do you know there was wine?
- Prue: Okay, so I peeked. Well, you know, if nobody tells me anything, I have to get creative.
- (A small explosion is heard coming from the attic. Piper's there doing a spell. Smoke has filled the air)
- Prue: Are you okay?
- Piper: Nothing to see here, move along.
- Phoebe: Welcome to London.
- Prue: What did you do?
- Phoebe: More like who did you do it to?
- Piper: I put a charm on Doug but I doubled the recipe, just give love a shot and give me a break.
- Phoebe: Go ahead, Prue, yell at her.
- (A snake appears in front of Clay. Prue, Piper and Phoebe run in.)
- Phoebe: Clay.
- Clay: Stay back, Phoebe.
- Phoebe: No!
- Prue: Phoebe, look out! (The snake goes to bite Phoebe and Clay puts his arm up in front of Phoebe. The snake disappears.)
- Phoebe: A selfless act. Just like the Book Of Shadows said. (The guardian and the urn disappears.)
- French: La malédiction de l'urne (The Curse of the Urn)
- Finnish: Uurnan kirous (The Curse of the Urn)
- Polish: Wyczyny Claya (Feats of Clay)
- Czech: Na hliněných nohou (Feet of Clay)
- Serbian: Klejevo prokletstvo (Clay's Curse)
- Italian: La maledizione dell`urna (The Curse of the Urn)
- Portuguese (Brazil): A Maldição da Urna (The Curse of the Urn)
- Russian: Podvigi Claya (Feats of Clay)
- Spanish (Spain): Las hazañas de Clay (The Feats of Clay)
- Spanish (Latin America): La maldición de Clay (The Curse of Clay)
- Slovak: Clayove skutky (Clay's Feats)
- German: Der Fluch der Urne (The Curse of the Urn)
- Hungary: Az átkozott urna (The Cursed Urn)
|Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|