A demonic deal to trade one's soul for one's desires
The self-proclaimed Queen of the Underworld, Hecate made a deal with a woman named Grace Spencer for riches and success. In return, Grace would offer her son in marriage so Hecate could create her demonic spawn. The Charmed Ones defeated the demon and banished her back to the Underworld.
The demon Masselin helped mortal achieve their goals in return for souls. Jeff Carlton made a pact with the demon to become a successful music manager. As payment, he offered the souls of fans and groupies. He was vanquished by Prue and the deal broken. The manager was arrested for kidnapping and the victims rescued.
The demon Zahn grew from a weak low-level demon to a powerful upper-level demon by trading in deals and powers. He claimed the soul of Larry Henderson, causing Paige Matthews to confront him to save her employer's soul. After breaking the deals by burning all the contracts, the Charmed Ones vanquished Zahn.
Count Roget revealed he made a pact with a demon named Sargon to save his club. Instead, the demon trapped the entire club in a time loop and forced them to relive the fire that killed them each day. After Count Roget was banished, the deal was broken and the souls set free.
Zahn's Faustian Deal
- The undersigned hereby exchanges eternal rights to
- his/her soul to the demon Zahn in exchange for
- riches unimaginable. At the time of the undersign's
- death, his/her soul will become property of Zahn to trade or
- sell as he sees fit.
- Furthermore, any party engaging in before mentioned
- agreement will note that should Zahn perish
- prematurely, souls in his possession will burn in
- flames for all eternity. Subject to the provisions set forth
- above, the agreement is legally binding and will begin
- immediately upon signature.
Notes and Trivia
- The name Faustian Deal is derived from the German legend of Faust, a scholar who traded his soul for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures.
- Although many episodes feature demonic deals, they are only referred to as Faustian Deals in "Soul Survivor".