In 2001, a familiar named Shadow betrayed his witch, Ariel, and became a warlock. However, in order to become truly immortal, he needed to shed his nine lives. He then attacked the Charmed Ones in the hope that they would vanquish him nine times. However, the sisters managed to write a spell to make the last vanquish permanent.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Fading: The ability to teleport in a fading manner.
- Power Absorption: The ability to absorb the magical powers of other beings. Familiar warlocks absorb the powers of their witches when they betray and kill them.
- Adjusting: The ability to adjust to molecular-based powers.
- Resurrection: The ability to resurrect oneself after being vanquished. Shadow possessed this ability due to cats possessing nine lives.
Becoming a Full WarlockEdit
- "See, once a familiar becomes a warlock, they have until the next new moon to purge itself of its new life. If it succeeds, it becomes immortal. If it fails, it returns to its animal state for eternity. Shadow was a cat. So it has to shed all nine of its familiar lives."
- —Ariel explaining how familiars become true warlocks.[src]
After a familiar becomes a familiar warlock, it has until the next new moon to shed its former life. If it succeeds then it becomes immortal, if it fails, it returns to its animal state for eternity. In the case of cat familiars, it means the familiar warlock must shed nine lives.
Power of Three Spell
- Nine times this evil's cheated death
- Felt no pain and kept it's breath
- This warlock standing in our midst
- Let him feel what he has missed.
A Familiar Warlock appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
- Season 3
- ↑ As a cat familiar, Shadow had nine lives.