Erin Lynn Cummings
Huntsville, Texas, United States
July 19, 1977
Erin Cummings is a graduate of the University of North Texas with a degree in Journalism. Cummings began her professional acting career when she was spotted by an L.A. talent scout while performing in community theater near Dallas. Cummings later went on to study Shakespeare at the prestigious London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, preparing her for her future roles as Lady MacBeth and Queen Gertrude in the Santa Susana Repertory Theater Company's productions of MacBeth and Hamlet, respectively.
Most recently seen as Sura, the Thracian wife of Spartacus in the Starz original action-adventure drama series Spartacus:Blood and Sand, she also had a recurring role on Matt Weiner's Emmy Award-Winning AMC series, Mad Men. She stars in the cult feature Bitch Slap, directed by Spartacus: Blood and Sand director Rick Jacobson and was seen alongside Martin Lawrence in Universal Studios' Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. On TV, Cummings was a series regular on the second season of Dante's Cove, on the Here! Network. Her other television work includes a guest lead turn on Cold Case, a recurring role on Dollhouse, and appearances on Nip/Tuck, Star Trek: Enterprise, Threshold, and Charmed.
Erin is the founder of Mittens For Detroit, a community initiative whose sole purpose is to collect and distribute new gloves and mittens to children and adults in the city of Detroit.
- Former Kilgore College Rangerette
- Grew up in Huntsville, Texas after living in Korea, Nebraska and various areas of Louisiana due to her father being in the military.
- Graduated from Huntsville High School in Huntsville, Texas - the same school that writer/director Richard Linklater attended and upon which he later based his film "Dazed and Confused".
- Studied Shakespeare at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- Became a member of Actor's Equity Association when she was offered the role of "Lady MacBeth" in the Thousand Oaks Civic Art Center's production of "MacBeth".
- Cummings was ranked #40 in TC Candler's list of "Most Beautiful Faces 2010", along with Blake Lively as #39 and Preity Zinta as #41