Doctor of San Francisco Memorial Hospital
Dr. Curtis Williamson was the infectious disease specialist assigned to Piper Halliwell when she contracted Oroya fever. Dr. Williamson was among the innocents that the sisters lost during their time battling evil and his death impacted Piper greatly.
Dr. Williamson did not believe in miraculous recoveries and told Phoebe and Prue that their sister would not survive if she didn't come out of the coma she'd slipped into. He was surprised when Piper seemingly survives without any medical explanation and believes that the secret to saving other people that mysteriously came down with the disease is in the sisters' blood, though it was really a spell that had caused the disease to spread throughout the hospital. Even though Piper suddenly succumbs to the disease again and dies, Dr. Williamson is left with his questions when she comes back to life.
Driven to find his answers, Dr. Williamson sends Piper letters for months and even calls her, asking her to come to the hospital for blood work, though she refuses because there is no medical explanation to her survival as she was saved by her Whitelighter.
He also injects the Halliwell sisters' blood into three monkeys, which he names after the sisters, causing them to gain their active powers. Although his supervisor tells him that he must stop his project, Dr. Williamson doesn't listen and is injected with the sisters' blood by the Prue monkey when he attempts to inject all three sisters' blood into her.
However, because mortals aren't meant to handle magic, the sisters' powers slowly drove Dr. Williamson insane; especially since his body contained three individuals' strong powers. He begins harvesting organs from criminals released from the jail ward on technicalities, saving many patients, including getting a kidney for his dying sister. His first victims he stitched back up, but as his madness grew, he began leaving them open, leaving them to die. The sisters attempted to get him to take the potion that would release their powers from him but he refused. When he attempted to kill them, the sisters were forced to kill him in self-defense.
Dr. Williamson had a diseased sister and a brother-in-law with a heart condition. He never married because he dedicated his entire life to helping people in need of health and medicinal care.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and performs rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to scry for another being or object via a crystal and a map.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Active Powers
- Telekinesis: The ability to move object and beings with the mind.
- Molecular Immobilization: The ability to slow down molecules to the point that they freeze.
- Premonition: The ability to see and experience events from the past, present, and future.
- Astral Projection: The ability to project one's consciousness into an astral form outside the body.
- Other Powers
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Adjusting: The ability to resist and fight through inhibitory molecular powers.
- The Power of Three: The collective power which enhanced his own.
- Voice Manipulation: The ability to manipulate one's voice. Dr. Williamson was under the influence of the Power of Three.
- Dr. Williamson, although a mortal, is the only human other than Melinda Warren who is depicted as having all three Warren-witch powers at the same time.
- The name Curtis Williamson appears on the Halliwell family tree in "Pardon My Past". This could mean that he shared some ancestors with the sisters, though it is more likely a coincidence, as the family tree prop consists of a plethora of inconsistencies and errors.
- The two episodes Dr.Williamson appears in are the only two episodes in the series that feature a song by the band Bush.
- Also the two episodes that Dr. Williamson appears in there is no threat from any supernatural beings. In his first appearance the "enemy" of that episode was Oroya Fever, and in his second appearance he became the threat himself due to being infected with the sisters' powers.
- In Astral Monkey , Dr. Williamson takes a heart from a mortal with the last name "McNamara". The actor who portrays him later plays a role as a serial killer on Nip/Tuck (which features Julian McMahon) and kills Sean McNamara's wife, Teddy Rowe. She was portrayed by Rose McGowan who plays Paige Matthews on Charmed.
- Dr. Williamson was corrupted due to possessing all powers of the Charmed Ones (Telekinesis, Molecular Immobilization, Premonition, Astral Projection as well as the Power of Three), who were known as the most powerful witches of all time. This is presumably what had caused the corruption of his sanity, since his body was weighted down by such enormous powers, not to mention the fact that mixing mortals and magical beings blood has dangerous outcomes, as seen in "Hulkus Pocus".
Dr. Curtis Williamson appeared in a total of 2 episodes throughout the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 2|
|#01||"Witch Trial"||#09||"Ms. Hellfire"||#17||"How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans"|
|#02||"Morality Bites"||#10||"Heartbreak City"||#18||"Chick Flick"|
|#03||"The Painted World"||#11||"Reckless Abandon"||#19||"Ex Libris"|
|#04||"The Devil's Music"||#12||"Awakened"||#20||"Astral Monkey"|
|#05||"She's a Man, Baby, a Man!"||#13||"Animal Pragmatism"||#21||"Apocalypse, Not"|
|#06||"That Old Black Magic"||#14||"Pardon My Past"||#22||"Be Careful What You Witch For"|
|#07||"They're Everywhere"||#15||"Give Me a Sign"|
|#08||"P3 H2O"||#16||"Murphy's Luck"|