|Double, double, the demon's the trouble…|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Demon Doppelgangers is the 32nd book in the Charmed novel series.
Ancient powers give evil rise
and open up demon eyes.
Find the answer, quell the curse—
or things will surely get much worse…
Paige has a new job — and it's perfect for her. She's working at a museum, conducting tours through a travelling Grecian display. It's temporary, but it's better than nothing, and it means she gets to see Chase, a really hot guy who started working at the museum at about the same time she did. One da, though, a big stone ovoid meant to represent a dragon's egg turns up, and it gives her the creeps. When Paige asks Phoebe and Piper to come check it out, they agree there's definitely something evil about that weird old egg.
Later, after a long day of tours, Paige and Chase relax near the artifact. Without warning, Chase, who knows only a few Greek words, begins speaking the language. His monologue opens the egg, releasing a demon that promptly assumes Chase's form. When Paige tries to kill it, it splits in half, forming two identical Chases. With the real Chase unable to explain what happened and demons on the loose, the Charmed Ones will have to count on the Power of Three to figure out what's doubling these demons… and why.
- Piper Halliwell: The eldest sister with the powers of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The middle sister with the powers of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the powers of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- Leo Wyatt: The Charmed Ones' Whitelighter, Piper's husband, and Wyatt's father.
- Darryl Morris: Lieutenant from the San Francisco Police Department. He is aware of the sisters' secret.
- Chase: A tour at the local museum, and an innocent who accidentally unleashes a demon that takes his form.
- Ravaging Man-Beast: A demon with the power of Shapeshifting, Cloning, Immunity, Absorption, Luring, Resurrection, and Paralysis Inducement. It was trapped inside an egg one millennia ago before it was accidentally released by Chase.
- Wyatt Halliwell: Piper and Leo's son. He has powers beyond everyone's comprehension.
- Grace Stephens: Supervisor of the local museum. She interviews Paige and finds her knowledge impressive.
- Mike: Detective working with Darryl.
- Officer Roberts: A police officer who confronted the demon during a bombing.
- Captain Rodgers: Captain of the SWAT team.
- Penny Halliwell: The Charmed Ones' deceased grandmother with the power of Telekinesis. She appeared to her granddaughters when they cast a spell to call for help.
- Emily Pickens: Owner of the Enchanted Garden plant store. She was acquainted with Penny and knew she was a witch. She advised Piper on which herbs she should buy for her spell.
- Young Woman: An innocent who nearly jumped off a building with one of the Ravaging Man-Beast's clones after he seduced her into doing so. Piper, Phoebe, and Paige were able to save her in the nick of time.
- Gloria: Guard at the museum.
- Bernie: Bartender. There was a problem with the tequila order and Bernie was afraid of getting the blame that he tried to cover the problem with his own money before Piper found out.
Book of ShadowsEdit
The Ravaging Man-BeastEdit
- Do not leave this beast for dead,
- Or two will rise up in its head.
- Then four more will follow you,
- And eight, sixteen, and thirty-two.
- Until you face a man-beast legion
- Laying waste unto your region.
To Stop a DemonEdit
- To stop a demon in his tracks
- Although he will not stay,
- To hold a demon fast until
- You make your getaway,
- Use banyan root, and say these words,
- 'Be still!' And like the tree,
- His limbs will root into the ground
- And you, dear, will be free.
To Banish a Demon to the UnderworldEdit
- Potion is required.
- Demon from an ancient realm,
- Go back from whence you came.
- You are not dead, but in death's stead,
- You're banished, just the same.
Instructions for a Death Trance PotionEdit
- To pattern death in every way,
- In breath, in heart, in soul,
- To bring a loved one to the point
- Where even skin grows cold,
- Then mark ye well the potion
- Which lies on these pages,
- From sun to sun, or moon to moon,
- The one who drinks it, dies.
Calming Potion for a DemonEdit
- Plant a garden filled with these:
- Mugwort, moonwort, madwort three.
- Boil three score of young, fresh leaves
- Then brew a potion, sure to please
- The heart of any demon man.
- Of this potion, let him sup
- Until he's drained his wassail cup.
- Then let him sleep, perchance to dream.
- Of kinder times than now they seem.
- If this can't lull him, nothing can.
A Potion to Reduce a Man's PrideEdit
- When the plume of pride consumes a man
- But he'll not take your offer.
- Blow him kisses, soft and sweet
- Before you make your proffer.
- Then whisper these words on the air
- 'Drink the drink I give to you.'
- He'll bow to your suggestion.
Solution to End the Demon's ControlEdit
- When demon leech o'ertakes a man
- To use his body ill,
- And nothing in your conjuring
- Will break him to your will;
- When countless others stand to fall
- Lest demon be reined in,
- Then you must count the greater good
- 'Longside the greater sin.
- For one way sure to mark thee
- That the demon still shall lie,
- Is to look unto the demon's source—
- The human host must die.
Grams's Poem to Bless CompostEdit
- From earth you sprang, and grew, and bloomed,
- Till plucked from farmer's field.
- We brought you home, you fed us well,
- But you have more to yield.
- The minerals you sucked from stone,
- The sun you drank from sky,
- Are stored within your roots and leaves
- To grow old, by and by.
- So rest here, till you decompose
- And then start life anew
- As flow'r, or tree, or herb or such,
- A-sparkling with the dew.
- The miracle of life
- Is that is circles, round and round.
- You are not gone merely because
- You've turned up in the ground.
- So rise again, fair stuff of life,
- Become the grass, or wood.
- You aid us best that grow'th best,
- Now once more, do some good.
Piper's Blessing SpellEdit
- Herbs within this garden patch,
- Drink deep of nature's food.
- Rise up, grow strong: before too long,
- We both shall do some good.
To Summon Witches for HelpEdit
- Power of Three spell. The casters form a circle and call upon any witch, living or dead, who may have what needs to be done.
- Kindred spirits, every one, listen to our call.
- Be ye here or be ye gone, we need you, one and all.
- In our presence, be it known, a demon walks once more.
- We seek your help to vanquish it to where it dwelled before.
- If one among you has the means to deal this fateful blow,
- Appear before us, and divulge the secrets that you know.
- Orbing: Used by Leo and Paige.
- Premonition: Used by Phoebe.
- Shapeshifting: Used by the Beast.
- Cloning: Used by the Beast.
- Telekinetic Orbing: Used by Paige.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper.
- Resurrection: Used by the Beast.
- Sensing: Used by Leo and Paige.
- Luring: Used by the Beast.
- Dragon Egg: The white egg the Ravaging Man-Beast was trapped in.
Notes and TriviaEdit
Differences from the ShowEdit
- Chris Halliwell does not exist.
- Leo Wyatt is still the sisters' Whitelighter.
- Piper's Molecular Immobilization can freeze every person in the same building without having to be in the same room.