|Published||March 7, 2012|
|Written by||Paul Ruditis|
|Artwork by||Tess Fowler|
|Cover Artwork by||David Seidman|
|Letters by||Jim Campbell|
|Edited by||Ralph Tedesco|
The Old Witcheroo
|For a complete plot of Crossed, Triple-Crossed, go here.|
When a criminal threatens Paige's happy family, she looks to her past to deal with the mortal menace. Conjuring up a detective from one of her favorite noir novels, Paige creates a street smart gumshoe to help set up a sting and take down the hood. But when the fictional private Dick decides he likes life outside the pages, the set up takes a dark and dangerous turn in ... Crossed, Triple-Crossed.
- Paige cast a spell so a glamoured Henry could mimic her voice.
To Summon DickEdit
- Cast by Paige
- Buckthorn, nutmeg, and a few bleeding hearts.
- Bind some old school skills with internet smarts.
- Let him know what I know, see what I've seen.
- Everything else, give him power to glean.
- To fight modern crime lords and how they think,
- Send a street-wise detective that bleeds ink.
To Let Richard Quinn StayEdit
- Cast by a glamoured Henry, so the spell had no effect.
- Bleeding hearts, buckthorn, nutmeg, and more.
- Bind past with present, now with before.
- Turn page to flesh with a touch of pink.
- I release him now with blood from ink.
- Paige used a potion on Dick to return him to the novel.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Paige.
- Remote Orbing: Used by Paige to orb Quinn to her, and then back to the Manor.
- Glamouring: Used by Paige to make Henry look like her and to give Dick color after the fake spell.
- Cryokinesis: Used by Henry Mitchell Jr. to cover all his toys in ice.
- The Double McGuffin: A Richard Quinn Mystery: One of Paige's favorite crime novels starring Richard Quinn.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The Film Noir style of this issue and the title is a nod to the episode Charmed Noir, making this issue the comic's second nod to an episode from the TV series (Morality Bites Back being the first).
- Using makeup to color Quinn is very similar to what was done to Billy Appleby in Season 2's Chick Flick.
- The title of this issue is similar to the book Paige and Kyle Brody got sucked in to, Crossed, Double-Crossed.
- The Cover Subtitle is: Their new baby came with some serious daddy issues. This is the first cover that has a subtitle.
- Bob Cowan makes his first appearance in the comics and his first appearance in the series since season 5's A Witch's Tail, Part 2.
- In this issue it is revealed that Phoebe Halliwell is three months pregnant with her second daughter.
- Phoebe references the times she went black and white which happened in Season 2's Chick Flick and in Season 4's Lost and Bound.
- This is the first time Prue has been absent from an issue since Where There's Smoke There's a Firestarter, and the first time Cole has been absent since Cupid's Harrow.
- This issue reveals that Henry Jr., who is thought to be mortal, has the power of Cryokinesis. This will be explained more in the following issue.
- Paige uses a Pear lap-top computer.
The Old Witcheroo
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10