Clyde is a powerful and malevolent spirit of the past. He can open portals through time and has some dominion over other spirits. His job is to help the living relive their past.
Although unfriendly, Clyde is willing to offer his clients visits to their past for some form of compensation. He owed a favor to Leo Wyatt after the latter once healed a client that Clyde brought back on the edge of a cliff.
When Paige Matthews needed to deal with her guilt over the car crash that killed her parents, Leo suggested summoning Clyde to take her to the past. He summoned Clyde by insulting his mother and reminded the spirit that he was owed a favor. Clyde reluctantly agreed and sent Paige and Leo back in time. While trying to offer a deal to Piper and Phoebe, two spirits escaped from his door.
The spirits, Frankie and Lulu, proceeded to possess Phoebe and Cole to finish their last job, getting married. When Piper and Darryl Morris confronted the criminals in a church, Darryl was forced to shoot Cole and the spirits fled their bodies. Piper summoned Clyde so he could bring back Paige and Leo to heal Cole. Clyde then noticed Frankie and Lulu floating around and forced them back into his portal.
Later that evening, Leo called in a favor from Clyde to summon Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, so Paige could reunite with them.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Whirling: The ability to teleport in a whirling manner. Clyde uses this form of teleportation when he appears.
- Fading: The ability to teleport in a fading manner. Clyde used this form of teleportation when he disappears.
- Portal Creation: The ability to open portals to other locations, planes or times. Clyde can summon a portal through time, which manifests as a heavy wooden door.
- Spirit Dominion: The ability to control other spirits. Clyde was able to force Frankie and Lulu back into his portal and later arranged for Paige's parents to appear at the manor and become corporeal.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Leo implied that Clyde visited Charles Dickens, leading him to write "A Christmas Carol", where a bitter old man is visited by three spirits on Christmas evening.
- Clyde hates his name and refuses to be summoned. The only way to make his appear is to make him angry by insulting him.
- Clyde is also the name of one of the ghosts in the video game Pac Man.
- Clyde was mentioned in the book, Trickery Treat.
Clyde has appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
- Season 4
- A Paige from the Past