Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Born Christopher de Lerisson Cazenove, the son of Arnold de Lerisson Cazenove and Elizabeth Laura (née Gurney, 1914–1994) in Winchester, Hampshire, he brought up in Bowlish,Somerset. He was educated at the Dragon School, Eton College and the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
Cazenove often portrayed British aristocrats, and first made his name in the 1972 drama series, The Regiment. Other notable roles included Charlie Tyrrell in the 1976-77 period drama series The Duchess of Duke Street, and in 1986 he appeared as Ben Carrington in the US soap opera Dynasty, which he played until the following year. From 2001-03, he had a recurring role in the British drama series Judge John Deed, playing Row Colemore.
On the stage, he appeared as Henry Higgins in the British and American productions of My Fair Lady from 2005 through to 2008. He also starred in the London West End production of The Importance of Being Earnest in 1994 alongside Susannah York. He died on 7 April 2010.
- Julius Caesar (1970) — Servant to Anthony
- There's a Girl in My Soup (1970) — Nigel
- The Regiment (1972–1973)
- Omnibus: The British Hero (1973 BBC TV documentary/selected dramatised scenes) — Heroes: Tom Brown, Richard Hannay, Beau Geste, Bulldog Drummond and James Bond
- Royal Flash (1975) — Eric Hansen
- Duchess of Duke Street (1976-77) — Charles "Charlie" Tyrrell
- East of Elephant Rock (1977) — Robert Proudfoot
- Little Girl in Blue Velvet (1978) — Baby
- Zulu Dawn (1979) — Lt. Coghill
- Hammer House of Horror (1980) Episode: "Children of the Full Moon" — Tom Martin
- Eye of the Needle (1981) — David
- From a Far Country (1981) — Tadek
- Heat and Dust (1983, Merchant Ivory Film) — Douglas Rivers, the Assistant Collector
- Until September (1984) — Philip
- Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense (1984) Episode: "In Possession" — Frank Daly
- Jenny's War (1985)
- Mata Hari (1985) — Karl von Bayerling
- The Fantasist (1986) — Inspector McMyler
- Dynasty (1986–1987) — Ben Carrington
- Blind Justice (aka Hold My Hand I'm Dying) (1988) — Actor
- Windmills of the Gods (1988) — Desforges
- Tears in the Rain (1988) — Michael Bredon
- Souvenir (1989) — William Root
- The Lady and the Highwayman (1989) — Rudolph Vyne
- 3 Men and a Little Lady (1990) — Edward Hargreave
- Aces: Iron Eagle III (1992) — Palmer
- The Proprietor (1996, Merchant Ivory Film) — Elliott Spencer
- Shadow Run (1998) — Melchior
- The Contaminated Man (2000) — President of Clarion
- A Knight's Tale (2001) — John Thatcher
- Beginner's Luck (2001) — Andrew Fontaine
- Alexander the Great from Macedonia (2006) — Aristotle
- Hotel Babylon (2009) — Damien Rushby