Charisma Lee Carpenter
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
July 23, 1970
Carpenter was born in Las Vegas, Nevada, the daughter of Chris, a bird sanctuary worker, and Don Carpenter, a salesman. Carpenter attended Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas; she was also a part of a song-and-dance troupe which performed in the Las Vegas area beginning when she was nine. When she was 15, her family moved to Rosarito city, Mexico and then to San Diego where she attended Bonita Vista High School and Chula Vista School of the Creative and Performing Arts. After graduation, Carpenter traveled throughout Europe. Once she returned to San Diego again, she worked as a video store clerk, an aerobics instructor, and in property management. In 1991, she was a San Diego Charger cheerleader, before beginning her Hollywood career. In 1992, she moved to Los Angeles.
One of her most significant and well-known roles to date was as the character Cordelia Chase on the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spinoff Angel. Initially a human, she gains the power of visions, which leads to her turning into a (good) part-demon and eventually dying, all traits shared or adapted with her Charmed character.
Charisma and her great friend Holly Marie Combs also appeared in the movie See Jane Date, which also included the Charmed guests actors Evan Marriott (Oscar), Rachelle Lefevre (Olivia Callaway) and Antonio Sabàto Jr. (Bane Jessup)
- Psychosis (2010)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1996-1999)
- Angel (1999-2004)
- Veronica Mars (2005-2006)
- Big Shots
- The Expandables (2010)
- See Jane Date
- Supernatural (2011)
- The Expandables 2 (2012)
- The Lying Game (2012-2013)
"Scream Queens (2015)
|The Charisma Carpenter article has a Photo Gallery.|
- Charisma is one of the many Charmed performers who had previously had a role on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off Angel. Similar to Kyra, Cordelia eventually received visions and later became part demon.
- She had also auditioned for the role of Paige Matthews, which was eventually given to Rose McGowan.
- Charisma portrayed a powerful and vengeful witch on Supernatural.
- Charisma is good friends with Holly Marie Combs.