|Changing babies just got a whole new meaning…|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Changeling Places is the 29th book of Charmed novels.
The novel is set between Season 5 Episode 21 Necromancing the Stone and the season 5 finale-Episode 22 Oh My Goddess! Part 1. Phoebe has just declined Jason's offer to move to Hong Kong, and Leo is still a Whitelighter.
Rock-a-bye baby, in the elf lair—
Shapeshifters took you,
pretending to care.
If someone can save you,
the Charmed Ones can—
Rock-a-bye baby, don't leave again.
Piper is trying to be her usual super-witch self and do it all—run P3, take care of her newborn son, Wyatt, and, of course, save Innocents. Her first week back at work is hard—leaving Wyatt at his day care center makes Piper feel like she's abandoning her son. At least Paige has taken a temp job there, and Wyatt seems perfectly content and safe.
But is he? Piper notices that Wyatt's acting strange, not eating or sleeping according to his normal schedule. Phoebe thinks the baby is just going through a stage, but Piper is not convinced. Several of the center's other charges have been exhibiting the same behavior, and some parents are pulling their children from the center's care. After one toddler asks Paige, "Did they take them because they're the wrong babies?" the sisters discover that someone's swapping babies all over San Francisco. The Charmed Ones spring into action, because not only is Wyatt the most magical being on the planet, but he's also a Halliwell… and nobody messes with the Halliwells!
- Piper Halliwell: The eldest sister with the power of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The middle sister with the power of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the power of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- Leo Wyatt: The Charmed Ones' Whitelighter and Piper's husband. He has the powers of Orbing and Healing.
- Wyatt Halliwell: Piper and Leo's first son, with powers beyond everyone's comprehension.
- Caitlyn Poppins: Elf who used the alias Katie Whitesmith while babysitting human children.
- Mya: Bounty hunter.
- Dori: Head of the Bayside Child Care Center.
- Rowan: The elf king.
- Lexor: A demon who plans on building an army with human infants. A former general who led an army of apocalyptic foot soldiers.
- Natalie: A child who gave Paige a much-needed clue.
- Devon: A child.
- Jonathan: A child.
- Garrett: Part-time manager of P3.
- Simon: A 7-month-old infant.
- Dylan: A child.
- Betsy: An infant.
- Michael: An infant.
- Caleb: The elf infant replacing Simon.
- Samuel: The elf infant replacing Wyatt.
To Reveal the UnseenEdit
- Forces of darkness,
- Forces of light,
- Pull back the curtain
- To reveal what is right.
The Power of Three SpellEdit
- The Power of Three will set us free.
- Magic creatures of the woods,
- Rose against the cause of good.
- To help our kind in this dire hour,
- We witches bind these certain powers!
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This novel features the term "changeling", an ancient folklore where a human child is replaced with a magical one, often times an elf or a fairy.