The Callaway Family is a family of upper-level witches that owns an estate in San Francisco. They were in a feud with their neighbors, the Montana Family, for generations, though neither side remembered how it started.
At some point in time, Olivia fell in love with and even got engaged to Richard Montana. However, she was killed by his brother Steve in a crossfire. After her death, the families called a truce. Angered because her death was not avenged, Olivia returned as a spirit and reignited the feud by attacking her own family.
The Charmed Ones became involved due to Paige working for Grandma Callaway as a temp job. They performed a seance with both families, where the truth was revealed. As the families returned to fighting, Olivia possessed Paige and tried to kill Richard so they could be together in death. The families agreed to finally make peace to prevent more deaths and told the sisters where they could find Olivia and Richard. Paige then talked to Olivia and convinced her to move on.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate a person or object by use of a scrying crystal and a map.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Active Powers
- Energy Balls: The ability to make and throw balls made of energy.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The Callaways are reminiscent of the Capulet family from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet; the battle between the Callaways and Montanas also parallels the feud between the Capulets and Montagues from the play.
- Two male members of the family were present at the seance. Although their names are not revealed in the episode, they are credited as Roy and Burt Callaway.
The Callaway Family appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
- Season 6
- Love's a Witch