Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For a complete plot of Blinded by the Whitelighter, go here.|
The sisters must stop a warlock from executing his plan to steal specific powers from witches in his attempt to kill every whitelighter in the world. Meanwhile, the girls get a new whitelighter named Natalie.
- Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
Special Musical GuestEdit
Book of ShadowsEdit
A cunning Warlock
who has collected
the power of Cloning,
In 1991, Eames murdered
a Witch in Glasgow,
Scotland and stole the
In 1989, Eames killed a
Witch in Nairobi, Kenya
and took the Power of
All witches should consider
him to be a serious threat.
Bestowed upon one witch in
a generation, the Power of
Deflection is a witch's best
shield against the forces of
Darkness. Deflection can be
used against all Supernatural
powers, including those of
Good, and, potentially, it could
be manipulated to defend evil as well.
Like a shield, the Deflection power must be
consciously activated; therefore, a Witch with
this power is vulnerable when unaware of an
impending supernatural attack.
- Time for amends and the victims' revenge,
- Cloning power turn sour;
- Power to change, turn strange.
- I'm rejectin' your deflection.
- Prue brews a potion that will identify demons if they drink it. Phoebe later slips the potion in Reece Davidson's coffee, but he was cleared.
- Healing: Used by Leo to heal Piper's finger.
- Fireballs: Used by Eames to attack Vivian and to vanquish a Darklighter.
- Deflection: Used by Vivian to deflect Eames' Fireballs. Used by Eames to deflect Prue and Piper's powers.
- Orbing: Type of teleportation used by Leo, Eames and Natalie.
- Blinking: Type of teleportation used by Eames.
- Telekinesis: Used by Prue to flip through the Book of Shadows, to fling Eames at the warehouse, to fling a wooden board out of Natalie's hands, to fling a Darklighter's crossbow out of Eames' clone's hands, to try to fling Eames at the manor and the deviate a Darklighter's arrow.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to freeze Natalie, to try to freeze Eames at the warehouse and at the Manor, to freeze a Darklighter, to freeze several low-voltage Energy Balls and to freeze a Darklighter's arrow.
- Premonition: Used by Phoebe.
- Cloning: Used by Eames to clone himself.
- Photokinesis: Used by Natalie to create low-voltage Energy Balls.
- Levitation: Used by Phoebe when training with Natalie.
- Transmogrification: Used by Eames to morph into a Darklighter's crossbow.
- Black Orbing: Type of teleportation used by Darklighter.
- Book of Shadows - The Halliwell Family's magical tome. In addition to spells and potion recipes, the Book of Shadows contains information on warlocks, demons, and other supernatural beings. It was created by their ancestor, Melinda Warren, and was passed down every generation.
- Darklighter Arrows - An arrow, poisonous to Whitelighters, used by Darklighters to kill Whitelighters. The poison will slowly kill them, if not healed in time.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Darryl and Cole do not appear in this episode.
- Piper and Leo are officially engaged.
- This is the first episode where a Whitelighter is killed.
- This is the first episode where the Heavens are shown.
- This is the first episode to feature another whitelighter besides Leo.
- This is the first time the audience witnesses how a warlock steals a witch's power. This occurs in the first episode offscreen.
- Phoebe says it would be hard to kill Eames, since any vanquishing spell requires counteracting all of his powers. This requirement for spells has not been mentioned before or since this episode.
- It is revealed that Leo and Natalie served together in World War II.
- The actor Graham Shiels, who appears as the darklighter in this episode, will later appear as a Shapeshifter in the Season 4 episode "Muse to My Ears".
- This is the first and last time we see Prue use her powers to "cross reference" two things in order to pinpoint a certain page in the Book of Shadows, similarly to the way Phoebe found a specific page when under a smart spell.
- Leo mentions that Piper often freezes him for her pleasure when they have sex. This is a reference to "Wicca Envy", when Piper froze Leo while they were consummating their relationship.
- SOTA released a series of Charmed Action Figures, with the original Piper wearing a red top and black leather pants. In the final scene of this episode, we see Piper sporting this outfit.
- This is the first time Piper creates or writes at least part of a spell.
- This is the first episode that the Elders are actually referred to by name.
- When Eames blinks, he appears to fade out of the shot.
- Title is based upon the song title "Blinded by the Light" by New Jersey based singer/songwriter Bruce Springsteen.
- During the training montage, when Piper freezes Natalie's energy ball it still fizzles even after it stops moving forwards.
- When Phoebe levitates, you can easily see the harness holding her up.
- On the DVD's French audio track, Eames is described as a demon.
- In "Love Hurts", Leo cautions the sisters on touching a Darklighter arrow because it's poisoned, implying it could harm witches as well. From this episode on, Darklighter poison is considered dangerous exclusively to Whitelighters.
- Collective Soul - Skin
- Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two
- Click for animation.
- Piper: I don't know, Leo. I don't think they're ever gonna let us get married.
- Leo: They will. They have to. Nothing is gonna keep us apart, I promise. (He leans in for a kiss as Natalie orbs in.) Natalie!
- Natalie: Leo... Sorry to interrupt, but we've got a major problem on our hands. (She holds out an athame in her hand.)
- Prue: Hey, I heard something. Ooh! Athame! Athame!
- Natalie: You must prepare yourselves for battle, mentally, physically, sartorially.
- Piper: (mocking small laugh)
- Phoebe: I'm sorry, what?
- Piper: She doesn't like our clothes.
- Natalie: You need outfits that are loose and move, that means no more bra-less, strapless,...fearless attire.
- Prue: Okay, but then I have nothing to wear.
- Spanish (Spain): La muerte se lleva a un Ángel Blanco (The Death Takes a Whitelighter)
- Spanish (Latin America): La muerte de un ángel blanco (The Death of a Whitelighter)
- Russian: Ослеплённые Хранителем [Osleplёnnye Hranitelem] (Blinded By the "Whitelighter"/Curator)
- French: Les règles du combat (The Rules of Combat)
- Czech: Smrt si bere světlonošku (The Death Takes a Whitelighter)
- Slovak: Koniec bieleho svetla (End of White Light)
- Serbian: Zaslepljen od belosvica (Blinded By the Whitelighter)
- Italian: Una Vecchia Amica (An Old Friend)
- German: Gegen alle Regeln (Against All Rules)
- Hungarian: Fényőrzők klubja (Club of Whitelighters)
- Finnish: Varjeluksen vaaroja (The Dangers of Protection)
We All Scream for Ice Cream
Wrestling with Demons
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10