Between Worlds is the 20th book of the Charmed novels.
The novel takes place from October 30—November 1, thus placing it between Season 4 Episode 6 A Knight to Remember and Episode 12 Lost and Bound. This places it ahead of several other novels chronologically even though it was published several months later.
Breath of air, soul of fire,
Grant this night my heart's desire.
Womb of earth, tears of sea,
Bring my lover back to me.
Recent melting of buildings prompts the discovery that something is attempting to destroy the 'wards' between the worlds of the living and the dead by using the untrained witch Claire Katherine 'C. K.' Piers as its agent through the De Vermis Mysteriis (Mysteries of the Worm) book, supposedly created by a powerful male witch who then used it to contain his evil brother 500 years ago.
- Piper Halliwell: The eldest sister with the powers of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The middle sister with the powers of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the powers of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- C.K. Piers: A witch with immense power.
- The book never specifies whether or not Cole is still Belthazor at this point, as he is never in a position where he would have to use his powers if he possessed them. Although he did speak about the possibility of becoming a demon again, when C.K. said 'You all have powers?', she wasn't corrected, which could mean that Cole was just referring to becoming a demon in the sense of having to give in to his demon side to draw on its full powers.
- Paige implies that she has already received the power to heal; however, she does not actually activate this power until season 8.
Russian: Mježdu mirami (Between worlds)
French: Entre deux mondes (Between Two Worlds)Spanish (Spain): Entre dos mundos (Between Two Worlds)