Enables the possessor to teleport with beams
The desire to be somewhere else
Beaming is a form of teleportation where the user disappears and appears in a pink glow originating at the heart. This form of teleportation is used exclusively by Cupids and Cupid-Witches and is the only way to enter Cupid's Temple, due to its protection from evil.
Beaming is almost instant and users can often carry others and inanimate objects with them as they teleport, so long as they establish and maintain physical contact with them.
Cupids in possession of a Cupid Ring can beam instantaneously from one location to another. It is one of the many capabilities of the ring. Apparently, these rings are issued to all Cupid Agents.
The first Cupid that Phoebe and her sisters met was powerless without his Cupid Ring and was shown to be unable to Beam without it, indicating that not all cupids can naturally teleport, which likely lead to the decision to include the beaming power within the ring. However, while some cupids require a ring to teleport, they still appear and disappear in the same bright reddish haze as a natural user.
List of beings who use(d) Beaming
- Original power
- Through artifact, power stealing, etc.
Variations of Beaming
Remote Beaming is a variation of beaming, as it is used to teleport other people from one location to another using only the mind.
It is evidently also possible to develop Remote Beaming before Beaming. P.J, as a baby, developed the ability to teleport other people as her primary power, which she often used to teleport her mother, Phoebe, back home to her. Her power eventually grew into Beaming, enabling her to teleport herself.
- Coop and his daughter, Prue, are the only known beings who do not need a ring to use this power.
- In the episode "Forever Charmed," Phoebe is able to call Coop with her mind, this is due to their connection; love. The power she used was Remote Beaming and she retains the ability years in the future.
- It is possible that Beaming is named after the transportation used in Star Trek. They look quite similar.
- In Germany, the powers of Orbing and Beaming are both called Beaming (german: Beamen). There was no difference between them.