|Baby's First Demon|
|Season 5, episode 16|
|Demons constantly try to kidnap Piper and Leo's baby.|
March 30, 2003
|For a complete plot of Baby's First Demon, go here.|
The Charmed Ones must protect Piper and Leo's son from two demons, but the baby has a few surprises of his own. Meanwhile, Paige goes undercover as a bounty hunter and Phoebe's future with the newspaper is threatened by the new owner.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Grace Zabriskie as The Crone
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman
- Andy Mackenzie as Parasite Demon
- Nicholas Sadler as Parasite Demon
- Jack McGee as Hawker Demon
- Eric Dane as Jason Dean
- Damian Foster as Demon Guard #2
- Jonathan Joss as Brutish Demon
- Doug Budin as Nerdy Demon
- Taira Soo as Power Broker
- Amanda Sickler as Sophie
- Kate Anthony as Reporter Kate
- Tim Sitarz as Demon Guard #1
- Unknown actor as Wyatt Halliwell
Book of ShadowsEdit
- A breed of demon
- known for hawking
- magical goods at the
- Hawkers prefer to stay in their stale
- selling, but when their customer's demands
- and rates are high they are known to go
- out into the world to collect goods. Their
- natural prey is anything they can sell.
- Paige cast an alarm system spell for baby Wyatt by enchanting a few cowry shells. It alerts to the presence of evil. (It is not seen cast but it is seen in effect multiple times.)
- Piper was prepared to perform a Wiccan ritual to summon her baby's fairy guards, but the spell required for him to have a name.
- Piper and Phoebe use a traveling spell to go the Demonic Market. (unseen)
- Paige made a Hand Grenade Potion for the Parasite Demons, but they absorbed it's power.
- A demon at the Market drank a potion which increased his muscle mass.
- Force Field: Used by Wyatt to protect himself against demons who were trying to steal him (twice) and against the parasite demons, who fed on the power of the force field.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper to blow up a demon and later a Parasite Demon who wanted to steal Wyatt at the Manor. Later, a demonic guard got knocked back by Piper's power (and exploded after he flew through his portal) and she blew up several demons at the Demonic Market and a stream of fire.
- Fading: Type of Teleportation used by the Hawker Demon and the Parasite Demons.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Leo and Paige.
- Energy Beam: Used by the demon who was hired by the Hawker Demon, trying to break through the baby's Force Field.
- Healing: Leo healed Piper's leg.
- Energy Balls: Paige got hit by an energy ball of the Demonic Guards and they fired one to Piper and Phoebe (they dodged it).
- Invisibility: The Demonic Guards were invisibile while guarding the Demonic Market.
- Portal Creation: Used by the Demonic Guards to open a portal to the Demonic Market.
- Projection: Used by Wyatt to set off the demonic alarm system.
- Fireballs: A woman tossed a fireball in her hand on the Demonic Market and created a new one to toss.
- Telekinetic orbing: Paige orbed a Fireball to her hand to vanquish her 'guide'.
- Life Draining: Used by the Parasite Demons to drain the life out of their victims.
- Power Absorption: Used by the Parasite Demons to drain the powers of their victims.
- Sensing: Leo tried to sense Paige, but it failed because the magic of the market place blocked her signal.
- Premonition: Phoebe gets a premonition of Paige's powers getting absorbed by the Parasite Demons. The Crone used the baby's baby blanket to look into the future, seeing that he would be the Demons' end.
- Fire Throwing: A demon at the Demonic Market tried to attack Piper and Phoebe with a stream of fire.
- Molecular Dispersion: Used by the Crone to vanquish a Parasite Demon.
- Glistening: Type of Teleportation used by the Crone.
- The Warren Family Tree - Piper and Leo looked over all the names of Piper's family to find a name for their baby. Paige is a bit disappointed when she sees she's not on it yet.
- Crystals - Paige used the crystals to set up the crystal cage to trap the demons who wanted to steal Piper and Leo's baby. The cage was charged with too much electricity, vanquishing the demons trapped in it.
- Scrying Crystal - A magical pendant used for scrying. Paige used an athame to scry for the Demonic Market. It was used by Phoebe to scry for Paige.
- Demonic Market - A place where demons and other evil beings can purchase magical powers, rare and enslaved beings, artifacts and other wares similar to a mortal (black) market.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- At the end of this episode, Piper finally decides on a name for the baby: "Wyatt Matthew Halliwell". Wyatt after his father, Leo Wyatt, "Matthew" after his aunt, Paige Matthews, and "Halliwell", as agreed on by Piper and Leo, because it's respected in the magical community.
- Names voted for Baby Halliwell: Peter (in keeping the "P" tradition), Prudence Melinda (the name Piper and Leo initially wanted to name the baby, when they still thought they were going to be getting the daughter Piper saw in Morality Bites), Potter (after Harry Potter), and Jason (after Jason Dean, Phoebe's new boss and love interest)
- The Warren Family Tree from "Pardon My Past" makes a second appearance. Male names on the family tree rejected as ideas for Piper's newborn baby include Herbert, Clarence, and Milton.
- Paige seems a bit disappointed at it taking awhile to include her on the tree, as she's not on there by this episode's time.
- Eric Dane makes his first appearance as Jason Dean.
- This episode aired March 30, 2003, but in Used Karma, which aired January 25, 2004 (not quite 10 months later), Jason will be upset that Phoebe went 15 months without telling him that she was a witch. However, time jumps between episodes have occurred before and could have happened here as well.
- This is the first of two appearances Grace Zabriskie would make as The Crone.
- At the end of the episode, Jason states that he learned less about his last girlfriends family than he has of Phoebe's and although not dating yet, the remark hints at a future romance.
- The WB used the promo title Little Angel.
- Piper mentions that Wyatt would probably grow up to be neurotic. Ironically, Wyatt isn't the one who grows up to be neurotic, it's Piper and Leo's second son, Chris, that grows up to be obsessively neurotic.
- Wyatt can generate Force Fields to protect himself from demons, which is probably what made Piper invincible during her pregnancy. Also Wyatt realizes that when the alarm goes off, his family will come running, and therefore uses his power to set it off whenever he wants attention.
- This is the fifth episode with the word demon in the title.
- Phoebe suggesting the name Potter is a clear reference to Harry Potter.
- Paige's hair is a bright red at the beginning of the episode and it's clear, she just recently colored her hair, however, in other scenes it is much darker and it is clear she has brown roots.
- When Piper, Leo, and Paige are looking at the family tree, it shows Victor's last name to be Jones.
- Phoebe: Hi, have we met?
- Jason: Jason Dean.
- Phoebe: Oh God.
- Elise: I'm sorry, you're Mr. Dean?
- Jason: Jason please.
- Phoebe: That's, that's some weird stuff, 'cause you're, you're really young.
- Jason: Yeah.
- Phoebe: Yeah.
- Piper : But we fought invisible demons before. You know, demons that morph into lamps, lamps that morph into demons, demons in the wall......
- French: Premier combat (First Combat)
- Czech: Chlapečkův první démon (Boy's First Demon)
- Slovak: Malého prvý démon (Baby's First Demon)
- Russian: Первый демон малыша [Pervyj demon malyša] (Little Boy's First Demon)
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America): El primer demonio del bebé (Baby's First Demon)
- Serbian: Bebin prvi demon (Baby's First Demon)
- German: Babyalarm (Baby Alert)
- Italian: Primi pericoli (First Dangers)
- Hungarian: A kicsi első démona (Baby's First Demon)
The Day the Magic Died
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10