Oh My Goddess! Part 1 (mentioned only)
Athena, also known as the Goddess of War, was once a mortal, but became Goddess of War thanks to the Elders in order to defeat the Titans. She and the other gods succeeded in their mission, but proceeded to force the world to worship them.
- Paige Matthews became the Goddess of War in 2003.
- In Greek mythology, Athena was more than just a Goddess of War. She was the Goddess of Wisdom, Courage, Warfare, Strategy and Crafts among others.
- In Greek poems (called epos) she helps the wise and strong men by giving them advice.
- As the Goddess of War, she is often depicted wearing armor and a helmet.
- In Let Gorgons Be Gorgons, Athena cursed the witch Medusa to turn her into a gorgon as revenge for defiling her temple with Poseidon. She then started a rumor about Medusa's eyes being cursed to turn anyone who looked at her to stone. When Medusa's sisters, Stheno and Euryale, learned what happened, they went after Athena, who cursed them as well, then sent Perseus to assassinate Medusa.