|As Puck Would Have It|
|Life just got a little trickier…|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
As Puck Would Have It is the 34th novel in the Charmed novel series.
Three sisters sent on a wild goose chase—
A mystery to solve, a demon to face.
To save a soul before time runs out,
Learn when to trust and when to doubt!
It's tough to get good service these days—at least if you're a Charmed One. Piper has an odd altercation with a housekeeper, Phoebe receives some strange advice from a computer technician, and Paige witnesses the questionable wilderness skills of her hiking guide all in the same day. The sisters come to the conclusion that magic must be to blame. They soon deduce that the mythological and literary troublemaker Puck has decided to pay them a visit. Just as they realize who is responsible for all the chaos, Puck—who is as curious as he is mischievous—appears and announces that he has devised a plan that will let him see the Power of Three in action: The circus has come to town, and he knows of an Innocent in need of protection.
At the circus the three sisters must find the one in peril while a devilish, shape-shifting Puck leaves them second-guessing their every move. With an unknown Innocent in danger and time running out, will the Charmed Ones be able to outsmart Puck and defeat evil before it's too late?
- Puck: A powerful and deceptive being whose origins are as mysterious as the tricks up his sleeve. He comes to the Charmed Ones to help stop a Bestiari demon from killing animals.
- Reed Huntington: Manager of the circus.
- Lane Strickland
- Dr. Jordan Kahn: An immortal man.
- Bestiari Demon: The demon disguised himself as a clown to infiltrate the circus and drain the life forces of animals for sustenance.
- Tasha: An elephant targeted by the demon.
- This isn't the first novel in which the Charmed ones have helped Innocents at the circus; they also did so in The Gypsy Enchantment.
- Leo is still with Piper (though he doesn't appear in the novel) and there is no mention of Chris.