Aphrodite, also known as Venus and the Goddess of Love, was once a mortal, but was transformed by the Elders into a goddess. She was made the Goddess of Love. With the other mortals-made-gods, Aphrodite helped entrap the Titans, but her own power went to her head and she, with the other gods, forced the world to worship them.
- In "Oh My Goddess! Part 1", Phoebe Halliwell became the Goddess of Love.
- It was learned by Cole Turner that Phoebe's favourite piece of art was "The Birth of Venus".
- Prue Halliwell once mentioned that the handles on a Roman vessel represented Venus.
- In Greek mythology, Aphrodite was the Goddess of Love, beauty and sexuality.
- In some versions of mythology, Aphrodite was the mother of Eros, who's Roman counterpart was Cupid. Ironically, the second Goddess of Love, Phoebe, would fall in love with a Cupid.