Spirit of Rage
- "The Spirit of Rage has used his abilities to incite wars that lasted for decades and redefined continents."
- — A brief description of Andras's past.[src]
Andras was the Spirit of Rage and a very rageful being himself. He possessed the power to enrage others, by magnifying their anger, until they commit an act of violence.
In 2000, Cole Turner contacted Andras to help kill the Charmed Ones. However, because he loved Phoebe, his plan failed. When Andras took over Cole's body to attack the Charmed Ones, Prue accidentally separated them and Cole vanquished him.
Cole called on Andras after finding out the Charmed Ones' powers were rooted in their bond as sisters. Andras used his power to turn long-simmering disputes between the Halliwell sisters into rage. Ultimately, the sisters' rage boiled over and caused a magically-amped catfight in which they used their powers against each other, severing their bond and causing them to lose their powers. This was reflected when the triquetra on the Book of Shadows separated.
Andras was suspicious of Cole's seemingly ambivalent demeanor, and it was confirmed when he saw him pass up a chance to kill Phoebe. He provoked Cole into becoming Belthazor and then possessed him. Andras then headed to the manor to kill the sisters, but his battle with them was unsuccessful as they had restored their bond. He was expelled from Belthazor's body when Prue deflected his own energy ball back at him. Belthazor then immediately vanquished him with another energy ball for crossing him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Rage Projection: The ability to enrage others, by magnifying their anger, until they commit an act of violence.
- Possession: The ability to control living beings actions by entering their body.
- Shimmering: The ability to teleport in a shimmering manner.
- Sensing: The ability to locate and find people or objects.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
Book of ShadowsEdit
Andras, the Spirit of Rage, uses anger as a portal to enrage his
victims until they commit a grievous act of violence. Although
the rage leaves the victim after the act is committed, the violence
usually serves a greater purpose, making Andras a powerful foe.
The Spirit of Rage has used his abilities to incite wars that lasted
for decades and redefined continents.
In addition, due to the insidious nature of his work, Andras can
be extremely difficult to detect. But because he has not yet
ascended to full demonhood, this low-level spirit is vulnerable to
the powers of greater supernatural beings.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Andras is the name of a demon from the Ars Goetia, the first section of the demonology book The Lesser Key of Solomon. Here, he is described as a Great Marquis of Hell, having under his command thirty legions of demons. Other names taken from this are Asmodeus, Barbas and Shax.
- Andras was mentioned by Paige in "The Bare Witch Project".
- Andras was also mentioned by Piper in "Sympathy for the Demon". Piper lectures to Paige when she brings back Barbas, questioning why she couldn't bring back someone like Andras or Shax who they knew how to vanquish.
- While Phoebe was on her computer, a Notepad document was up on Belthazor, listing his "Evil Allies" including Andras, as well as Troxa and Vinceres.
Andras appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 3|
|#01||"The Honeymoon's Over"||#09||"Coyote Piper"||#17||"Pre-Witched"|
|#02||"Magic Hour"||#10||"We All Scream for Ice Cream"||#18||"Sin Francisco"|
|#03||"Once Upon a Time"||#11||"Blinded by the Whitelighter"||#19||"The Demon Who Came in From the Cold"|
|#04||"All Halliwell's Eve"||#12||"Wrestling with Demons"||#20||"Exit Strategy"|
|#05||"Sight Unseen"||#13||"Bride and Gloom"||#21||"Look Who's Barking"|
|#06||"Primrose Empath"||#14||"The Good, the Bad and the Cursed"||#22||"All Hell Breaks Loose"|
|#07||"Power Outage"||#15||"Just Harried"|
|#08||"Sleuthing with the Enemy"||#16||"Death Takes a Halliwell"|