The Spirit of Rage
- "The Spirit of Rage has used his abilities to incite wars that lasted for decades and redefined continents."
- — A brief description of Andras's past.[src]
Andras is a demon who can magnify pre-existing anger making it worse, and can possess anyone he has infected (or anyone in rage). He is a low-level demon, and hence is vulnerable to several supernatural attacks. Like other low-level demons, he often serves upper-level demons like Belthazor.
Cole called on Andras after finding out the Charmed Ones' powers were rooted in their bond as sisters. Andras used his power to turn long-simmering disputes between the Halliwell sisters into rage. Ultimately, the sisters' rage boiled over and caused a magically-amped catfight in which they used their powers against each other, severing their bond and causing them to lose their powers. This is reflected when the Triquetra on the Book of Shadows separates.
Andras was suspicous of Cole's seemingly ambivalent demeanor, and it was confirmed when he saw him pass up a chance to kill Phoebe. He provoked Cole into becoming Belthazor, but possessed Belthazor before he could kill him. He then headed to the manor, but his battle with them was unsuccessful as they had restored their bond. He was expelled from Belthazor's body when Prue deflected his own energy ball back at him. Belthazor immediately vanquished him with another energy ball for crossing him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Active Powers
- Other Powers
Book of ShadowsEdit
Andras, the Spirit of Rage, uses anger as a portal to enrage his
victims until they commit a grievous act of violence. Although
the rage leaves the victim after the act is committed, the violence
usually serves a greater purpose, making Andras a powerful foe.
The Spirit of Rage has used his abilities to incite wars that lasted
for decades and redefined continents.
In addition, due to the insidious nature of his work, Andras can
be extremely difficult to detect. But because he has not yet
ascended to full demonhood, this low-level spirit is vulnerable to
the powers of greater supernatural beings.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Andras is the name of a demon from the Ars Goetia, the first section of the demonology book The Lesser Key of Solomon. Here, he is described as a Great Marquis of Hell, having under his command thirty legions of demons. Other names taken from this are Asmodeus, Barbas and Shax.
- Andras was mentioned by Paige in "The Bare Witch Project".
- Andras was also mentioned by Piper in "Sympathy for the Demon". Piper lectures to Paige when she brings back Barbas, questioning why she couldn't bring back someone like Andras or Shax who they knew how to vanquish.
- While Phoebe was on her computer, a Notepad document was up on Belthazor, listing his "Evil Allies" including Andras, as well as Troxa and Vinceres.
|Antagonists of Season 3|
|Emilio Smith · William Hamilton · Guardian Demons · The Boss and his minions · Trolls · Grimlocks · Belthazor · Ruth Cobb · Abbey · Troxa · Vinceres · Andras · The Triad · Krell · Kierkan · Terra · Ari, Freckles and Jersey · The Nothing · Eames · Kellman and his Wrestlers· Tom Peters · Dantalian · Zile · Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell · Sutter · The Seekers · Shadow · Lukas · Brotherhood of the Thorn · Banshee · Shax · Alice Hicks · The Source of All Evil|