- (Book of Shadows text:)
- An Alchemist would use a bottle such as this
- to capture and/or store a Life essence. A
- Life Essence is comparable to a human soul, but
- made in a mixing lab. A well made Life Essence
- can possess any living being but would prove toxic
- and eventually lethal to the being's pre-existing Soul.
- This ceremonial instrument is used by an Alchemist to open
- an incision in a body. The Demon then performs an
- incantation on the blood and lets it drip into the
- Essence Bearer, where it is mixed with
- other ingredients and
- transformed into a
- Life Essence.
- This apparatus transforms matter into energy.
- The Alchemist deposits matter in this device
- and heats it over a ritualistic flame.
- After the Alchemist invokes Dark
- Spirits, the matter distills into energy
- which can be manipulated for evil purposes.
- This contraption transforms one type
- of matter into another. An Alchemist
- places the initial substance inside the
- first cylinder. Then, as the Alchemist
- chants, the substance magically
- materializes in the second cylinder
- in an entirely different form.